Monday 23 December 2013

Diary of the average Dan....Whats happening now?

So,

Done the review of the year and now what am I up to?

Well I completed the smolov intensification cycle except for the final session - Adductor strain and dodgy knee killed the end of the program. I wasnt particularly worried I'd hit the top weight for 3 sets of 4 in the previous week so I called it a day.

I didnt do a max as I wasnt really that worried the process was good and Im glad I got as far as I did.

Anyway for the past three weeks I've been on the Cube Method by Brandon Lilly. Quite a change from what im used to - most of the session is assistance with moderate to high reps - actual muscle building work.

Im going to be spending my time now adding some weight concentrating on rep work and worrying less about my 1RM.

I actually felt going beltless for the work has actually been a bit of a bonus - so Im sticking with that.

4 Days per week rotating through explosive, rep and strength work. Im also rotating through different exercises for the main lift.

My first three weeks looked like this:

Squat
SLDL
Single leg squat

Bench
Incline DBs
Pull ups

Deadlift
Hip thrusts
BB Row

Push press
KB swings
Shrugs

Ab work and upper back pretty much every session, arm work regularly too. Lowerbody sessions always start with GHR.

For the next three weeks Im changing the assistance.

Squat
Constant tenson Squat
SLDL

Bench
Incline BB
Machine Rows

Deads
Paused Squats
Shrugs

Push Press
Close grip
Pull Ups

Thats me done for now. I'll update soon with how things are progressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment