Wednesday 30 October 2013

5 weeks out day 2

Nate here again.

Did some dynamic bench work today. Nothing amazing, was using straight weight, all felt very comfortable.

Bench: worked up to nine sets of three using three different grips. Started very close and worked my way out to the competition grip. All of this was just done with 70% of my one rep max (1RM).

Moved onto some board work, I've been having quite a lot of problems in the mid range, I seem to be able to press quite quickly into this then suddenly all bar speed goes. Hence the board work.

3-board: 3x3 at 90%, I like to take a close grip when doing this to put more stress on the triceps (something that I feel I need more work on).

1-board: also used the closer grip for a set of three at 90%, was surprised at how easy this was.

Slingshot bench: This was NOT programmed and only done because I was feeling good and wanted to give it a whack. 4x100% (this was very hard).

I then moved onto more "bodybuilding" assistance work. Triceps, lats and delt work, just to stay healthy.


Nate signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment