Wednesday 30 October 2013

5 Weeks out day 1

28/10:

today is the big three day (squat, bench and sumo deadlift). Long long training session, the reason I'm doing this once each week is to get used to doing the big three on the same day in preparation for the comp.

Squat:
 Worked up in fives until around 115kg, then dropped down to triples and went up to a hard 140kg. I decided to do a drop set for no other reason than to beat myself up a little more: 6x120kg (had a comfortable 1-2 extra reps)

Bench:
 The plan for today was to go up to a circa max 1 or 2.

Worked up in fives to 80kg, then dropped started my working sets: 3x90kg(this was harder than it should have been for some reason), 2x95kg( this felt much much better), 1x97.5kg (hard but not impossibly).

Deadlift:
  I'm pulling sumo at the moment, even though my preferred stance is conventional, doing this to get some better hamstring/glute strength.

Worked up to a triple at 175kg which was hard, this is just over 90% for my sumo stance but I'd still have liked it to be a easier.

Did some very very basic assistants work, most of this is done between the other training.

No comments:

Post a Comment