Saturday 8 February 2014

Progress

Progress has shot up since the competition in early December, since then I've put around about 30kg on my total. My dead lift has gone up 12.5kg, squat at least 15kg and I havent tested my bench since, but I'm hoping it will have gone up at least 2.5kg.

I think the main reason, for the recent success, is the use of exercise rotation (something I'd never previously really done before). This enables you to focus on where you're weak, for instance if you stall on your bench mid way up, it might be a good idea to add in some board work, or maybe use the slingshot (if you don't know what this is ask Phil). Also with the current programming Phil outlined for me, it lets me take advantage of the good days and push for some heavy singles, and get a PR.
    Which is actually another nice thing about rotating movements every two weeks: is even if you don't feel good you can always pick a new movement or one you haven't done in a long time and almost certainly set a PR. I find, when I've set lots of consecutive records without failing it does a lot for my confidence, i also enjoy my training a lot more.

With the way everything has been going I feel confident going into the next competition at Woking power on the 2nd of March.

Keep an eye for up and coming updates!


Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment