Friday 15 November 2013

Last heavy Day before comp

Today was the last day I was going to "push the envelope" as it were.  Weighed in at 66.5kg

Squats:
 I was pleased with this, I've been having troubles with hitting depth but todays session had good depth and good weight. Worked up to a 150kg, being honest, this particular weight could have gone a little better. However, I made the lift! That's the thing that matters right

Bench:
 Was going for a "heavy" double today, same as last week. All was feeling good, hit 90%, then did 92.5% and left it there, 2kg short of what I did the week before. Wanted to end on a high rather than miss. Which actually raises an interesting point, I guess opinions are going to be massively divided on this but: do you think it would be better to try and maybe fail or to always play it safe? The same question came up later in the training session when it came to deadlifting as well.

Deadlifts:
 Worked up to 3x170kg, at this point Phil stepped in (This always makes the training better, without wanting to kiss ass too much, whenever I've just done what he's said things have never gone wrong, only good. Maybe I should learn from this...). Singles from now on, 180kg (very easy), 190kg easiest its ever been. Then it came to the big question, should I try 200kg (my max) for confidence or leave it there? Well... I went for 201kg which I was pleased with, first three times bodyweight deadlift I've done.

So all in all a great session. What to take away? "Listen to Phil!!!"

Have a great weekend people.

No comments:

Post a Comment