Monday 11 November 2013

Good evening gang!

so I realise I haven't posted on here for about a week or so, without wanting it to wound like I'm making excuses... There are two good reasons for this, one I was ill and hadn't been training. Two I.... Well... forgot.

So without any further rambling:

First training session back was the big three!! worked up to some singles with squats, had a great time. Did five singles with 140kg-145kg. Followed with some paused squats to help with strength at the bottom.

Bench, this was a great session for me, got a double at my previous best single and a new best single 5kg heavier. Ran up in doubles, for 90kg, 95kg, 100kg and 1x105kg. Wasn't planning on doing the last single but Phil urged me to, and he was right, it was easy. Might do another heavy single this week, as a last heavy before my comp on December first.

Deadlift: this wasn't any form of PR but it felt so much easier than the last time I did it, went up in triples to 182kg.

This evening's session was some dynamic effort box squats and deadlifts with assistance. I'm finding the box squats are really helping with glute and hamstring strength, would highly recommend this exercise in anyones programming, if done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment